Published by Abigail (aka Mamatouille) on Sunday, February 03, 2013
- I heard my first "y'all" since we were here last.
- Seeing the sunshine outside makes me want to head outdoors right this second, to take advantage of it. But then it hits me that this is The Sunshine State and the brightness will still be there later.
- Joel asked, "When are we going to Public?" (The famous grocery store here is "Publix.")
- Scrambled eggs, black beans, and salsa for breakfast really got me in the mood for tropical living!
- When we were chatting with the driver of the shuttle bus from the hotel in Seattle to the airport there, he asked the boys, "What is near where you're moving?" (meaning Disney). Matthew piped up, "CUBA!" and elicited some laughs from others on the ride. I think everybody was surprised that a six-year-old knew that! (Matthew is so smart and reads maps like crazy. One time I asked him if he was going to be a cartographer when he grows up, and he informed me that he already is one.)
- Looking forward to walking around Lake Davis this afternoon...and looking for cyprus trees, herons, and gators!
- My grandparents' azalea bushes out front are in bloom...as soon as I can gather my thoughts and the camera I'll take some piccies.
- It feels like Florida around here!